Saqib: Dear MPACUK We Need To Do More For Palestine!
Assalamualaikum warahmahtullah wabarahkahtuh,
My dear brothers and sisters, the recent Israeli attack on the Freedom Flotilla in international waters has brought international outcry against Israel. People both Muslims and non-Muslims alike want action taken against Israel, yet we do not know how to do this. I am strongly suggesting to your organisations to provide details to us all on how we can make a difference. Suggestions which I think will help our cause are:
1. We need to organise and attend as many demonstrations as possible to let our voices of condemnation be heard.
2. We need to lobby our local MPs and also the Foreign Office to protest against these illegal atrocities which Israel carry out on a daily basis.
3. We need to organise fund-raising events as often as possible and also in new and fun ways.
4. We need to lobby our local MPs and supermarkets against the buying and selling of Israeli goods. We can also have demonstrations for this, as not many people know which products are Israeli. We also need to provide people with alternative products. I believe I saw on Friends of Al Aqsa website that Birmingham City Council voted in favour of boycotting all Israeli goods. If this is achievable in Birmingham then it will be achievable nationwide inshAllah.
5. As organisations with contacts, links and respectable representatives and media outlets I believe you can make these things happen and inshAllah you will.
I would greatly appreciate a reply on what you think about my email and also please let me know if there is any way in which someone like me can make a difference. Please use your media outlets and contacts all over the UK and abroad in making these steps come true inshAllah. Now is a time when the Muslim Ummah need to stick together and work together inshAllah